Wigan & Leigh College has a fully qualified team of Advice & Progression Advisers dedicated to help you make decisions about your future career or study route.
The Advice & Progression team is pleased to offer the following support.
- Face-to-face appointments with one of our advisers, available at all College centres
- Advice and guidance to help learners make decisions about a future course or career route
- Progression interviews for students to help plan their next steps
- Helping our students identify and build the skills needed to get ahead.
- Identifying any research and planning required to support career ambitions
- Advice on course application forms
- Supporting students with UCAS applications
- Supporting students with job searches, CV’s, letters, job applications
- Funding and welfare advice
- Signposting to internal and external agencies
To book a one-to-one appointment with an Adviser, please call 01942 761600.
You will be allocated an appointment within three working days, or a telephone appointment within 24 hours.
Advice & Progression Advisers are available at advertised College events throughout the year.
Statement of Services
Please click here to view the Advice & Progression Statement of Service.
Aims of Advice & Progression Team
- Provide impartial information, advice and guidance to prospective and current learners to ensure right choices of courses are made.
- Impartial careers advice from fully qualified Careers Adviser
- Provide financial and welfare support to retain and create successful learners.
- Support students with UCAS and Student Finance England applications.
- To support and monitor learner attendance.
- Ensure students have made the right choice and are on the right course, to ensure achievement.
- Support current students with their progression plans.
UCAS Applications section
UCAS Applications and internal Higher Education Applications
Our Advice & Progression Advisers will be happy to help you find the most appropriate route into higher education. You may be getting ready to complete your Level 3 programme, looking to progress your career or simply deciding, later in life, to pursue higher education qualifications. Don’t worry - we will assist you wherever possible.
We can advise you on all aspects of your application, whether internally or through UCAS, and we can also support you with HE funding and loans.
If you would like help and support in completing your UCAS application, please phone 01942 761600 and ask for the Advice & Progression team.
Internal applications - Higher Education courses
If you are a current Level 3 student at Wigan & Leigh College and you want to study a University level course at the College, then please ask your tutor to advise our Admissions Team of your choice.
External applications - Higher Education courses
External applicants will need to apply through UCAS for Wigan & Leigh College University level courses.
The entry requirements vary for our higher education courses, so it is advisable to check the specific requirements for your course carefully. Alternatively, you can contact our Advice & Progression team directly if, for example, you are a mature student unsure about your qualifications or you require other support.
Wigan & Leigh College’s institution code is W67.
If you are not currently studying at Wigan & Leigh College and wish to apply for a University level course, then please visit https://www.ucas.com/.
Apply by UCAS to other Universities
If you are an internal student on a Wigan & Leigh College Level 3 course, and wish to apply for other university courses, our curriculum teams and Advice & Progression team will fully support your UCAS application.
For help and advice in relation to your application, please contact our Advice & Progression team on 01942 761606.
Please check the UCAS website for the deadline dates
- If you’re unsure about what career route to follow, our exclusive Careers Coach programme can help.
- This amazing piece of software can provide information on different industries as well as informing you about salaries, prospects and whether a sector is in growth or decline.
- It will advise you on which Wigan & Leigh College courses can help you progress to a career in your chosen field.