catering & hospitality apprenticeships
Location: Atherton, M46
Hours: 38 (split shifts, weekends & evenings)
Closing date: 17/05/2018
We have a vacancy for an apprentice professional chef working in our busy kitchen. The role will include learning all aspects of daily commercial kitchen function. The Gardeners Arms in Atherton are looking to recruit an apprentice chef to work within our busy kitchen, duties to include:
- Working within a busy kitchen cooking homemade food to high standard.
- All aspects of working in a kitchen including: food prep, food presentation, correct food storage, deep clean, maintaining a safe working and hygienic environment, washing up, stock checks.
- Keeping all hygiene records up to date and ensuring daily cleaning and deep clean has been completed and signed off.
Apprentice will report to head chef/Landlady.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Work efficiently/effectively with other team members
- Work to expected standards
- Keep kitchen/working area to appropriate hygiene levels
- Work well under pressure
- Take instruction during busy periods
We require a candidate who is able to:
- Confidently work alone
- Work on their own initiative
- Take instruction
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety within a working kitchen
No previous qualifications required.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship may lead to a full time permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
This apprenticeship will involve split shifts covering lunchtimes and evening services and will also include weekends.
Even though our address has a Manchester postcode, the vacancy is situated in Atherton. This is not near to Manchester town centre.
You must be able to travel to Atherton easily as you will be required to work some evenings and weekends when public transport may be limited or not available.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be given day release to attend Wigan & Leigh College so you must be able to get to Wigan town centre.
The Gardeners is a family run pub in the Howe Bridge area of Atherton. We employ 12 people throughout the kitchen and dining area. We pride ourselves on our home cooked food suitable for all occasions. We cater for events such as funerals, parties, meetings etc.
Location: Wigan, WN3
Salary: £150.00 per week
Hours: 30 (8.30am - 3pm)
Closing date: 20/05/2018
Red Pepper Sandwich Company are looking to recruit an Apprentice Hospitality Team Member, in this role you will be trained to work both in the kitchen and bistro (front of house).
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working in a safe & hygienic manner in line with food safety regulations
- Learning to prepare a range of food in line with our menu
- Taking customer orders
- Serving a range of food and drinks
- Taking payments
In addition to training within the bistro you will attend College 1 day per week. You will study a hospitality team member apprenticeship standard and functional skills in English and Maths if needed.
Progression into a full time permanent member of the team with the opportunity to progress your training.
Things to consider
At times the Bistro is very busy and you will be required well under pressure.
Although you will have a lunch break you will be on your feet for the duration of your shift.
- Good standard of numeracy & literacy
- Good communicator
- Kitchen experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Willing to work and learn
- A genuine interest in Catering & Hospitality
- Good standard of personal hygiene
No specific qualifications required but must have a good standard of Maths & English.
Red Pepper Café is a small bistro based within Wigan Investment Centre. We serve a varied menu ranging from breakfasts, sandwiches, home-made soups & specials. We also offer a buffet service to companies based within the Investment Centre