Location: Bolton, BL3 (with day release to Wigan College)
Salary: £138.75 per week
Closing date: 12/05/2018
Identify mechanical problems, often by using computerized diagnostic equipment
Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, giving tune ups, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires
Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings
Disassemble and reassemble parts
Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done on their vehicles
Reporting to the workshop manager
Tyres supply fitting and balancing
Diagnostic fault code reading and maintenance
Must have experience in Motor Vehicle.
Maths English D
Can show initiative
Able to take direction
Can pay close attention to detail.
Motor Vehicle Interests, hobbies.
Commitment to an Apprenticeship programme
Commitment to the company
Can work in a team and use your own initiative
Maths & English D’s
Possible progression onto higher qualifications within the Automotive sector and working towards becoming a fully qualified mechanic.
Things to consider
Must be able to get to Bolton either own transport or public transport.
Day release will be at Wigan College.
We specialise in
We currently have dealer diagnostics for:
Vauxhall and Saab (Tech II), Ford, Jaguar and Mazda (IDS), Renault (Renault Clip), Peugeot (Diag) and Citroen (Lexia).
The advantage in using dealer tools is that many of today's problems with modern electronics are software related. Drivability issues and warning lights intermittently coming on can be cured by a simple software download. Aftermarket scan tools cannot diagnose software issues. We can also code new modules to vehicles. Many parts that need replacing have to be "coded", air bag modules, Engine ECU's, Immobilisers, Keys, BSI Units, Diesel pumps etc. It is not possible to have dealer tools for all makes because of cost but we also use Bosch KTS, Autodiagnos and Sykes Pickavant to cover european manufacturers and for Japanese, Korean and Chinese vehicles we use the AD200.
ECU software upgrades are also available to ensure your car runs as the manufacturer intended. Chip upgrades, which benefit your cars BHP, MPG and torque can also be sold by us.
Location: Skelmersdale, WN8
Salary: Competative Salary
Closing date: 25/05/2018
An exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality, the course is fully supported with all of the training you require to become fully qualified. With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks and the technology needed to keep them up and running together with first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
- To work with qualified and experienced Technicians learning how to repair and maintain heavy goods vehicles & trailers to the highest standards.
- You will be trained how to; repair, service and MOT heavy goods vehicles.
- Working alongside a qualified Technician learning how to carry out repairs in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop supervisor
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course
- Ensure your College portfolio and modules are completed within the required timescales
- Ensure you adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and rules
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by RNB Commercials Ltd
- Assist with cleaning the workshop
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner
- To work within a team and ensure the highest levels of customer care and support is delivered in a flexible service environment
- Ensure that your equipment, work area and tools are kept clean and maintained point
Established in 1996, RNB Commercials Ltd is committed to providing a streamlined and independent solution for all vehicle maintenance requirements both on site and offering mobile services to reduce VOR times. We are located within easy reach of the M6, M62 and the larger North West motorway network.
As the largest VOSA test centre in the North West of England, we test over 4,000 vehicles each year. We are a one stop shop, offering mobile workshops, commercial ATF and preparation, private vehicle MOTs, 24 hour roadside assistance.
RNB Commercials Ltd is a forward thinking company, with over 20 years commercial experience of working with blue chip companies and independent vehicle operators. Our business operates from a 2.25 acre, purpose-built site, in Skelmersdale, offers a fully accredited DVSA ATF Centre, 4 Bay Workshop, Tacho Centre, 3 Bay Bodyshop and a dedicated 4-5-7 MOT Centre.