Carpentry & Joinery Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma
Start Date | 02/09/2020
Time/Day | FULL TIME
Is this course for me?If you are interested in the construction industry, an exciting and rewarding career in joinery may be just for you. You will gain the skills to become sought after craftspeople with excellent employment prospects. Hands-on experience, under the supervision of industry and education professionals, will equip you with the skills to succeed.
What will I study?
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Do I have to pay for my course?|
Carpenters and Joiners
Carpenters and joiners construct, erect, install and repair wooden structures and fittings used in internal and external frameworks and cut, shape, fit and assemble wood to make templates, jigs, scale models and scenic equipment for theatres.
Requirements: Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
What could you earn
- Maintains and repairs woodwork and fittings.
- Checks accuracy of work with square, rule and spirit level.
- Aligns and fixes prepared wood pieces by screwing, nailing, gluing and dowelling to form frames, shop fronts, counter units, decking, theatrical sets, furniture, small wooden craft, scale models and wooden templates.
- Selects and measures appropriate wood and cuts, shapes and drills to specification using saws, planes, chisels and other power or hand tools.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on email@example.com or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.