Plastering City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate
Start Date | 06/09/2021
Time/Day | FULL TIME
Is this course for me?A career in plastering can be diverse and rewarding. This industry requires a high level of skill and precision. You will need a steady hand and a head for heights to use ladders and working platforms to carry out internal and external duties. This course is for those who would like to gain a qualification in the trade. On completion of the Level 2 Plastering Technical Certificate, the dedication and achievement you have shown during the course will prove invaluable to prospective employers.
What will I study?
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Free for eligible learners?||Is Loan Available?|
Plasterers apply plaster and cement mixtures to walls and ceilings, fix fibrous sheets and cast and fix ornamental plasterwork to the interior or exterior of buildings.
Requirements: Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
What could you earn
- Checks surface level using line, spirit level and straight edge.
- Covers and seals joints between boards and finishes surface.
- Measures, cuts, installs and secures plaster board and/or ornamental plasterwork to walls and ceilings.
- Pours liquid plaster into mould to cast ornamental plaster work.
- Applies and smoothes one or more coats of plaster and produces a finished surface, using hand tools or mechanical spray.
- Mixes, or directs the mixing of, plaster to desired consistency.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on email@example.com or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.