Unvented Hot Water
Start Date | 01/08/2021
Is this course for me?This specialist Hot Water Systems and Safety course provides you with a certificate of competence, as defined by the Building Regulations G3, and is approved by Logic Certification.
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Free for eligible learners?||Is Loan Available?|
Production Managers and Directors in Mining and Energy
Production managers and directors in mining, energy and water supply plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the extraction of minerals and other natural deposits and the production, storage and provision of gas, water and electricity supplies.
Requirements: Honours, Bachelor's degree
What could you earn
- Ensures compliance with issues relating to the environmental impact of operations.
- Arranges for the provision of gas, water and electricity supplies.
- Ensures that all haulage, storage, purification and distribution work is performed efficiently and in compliance with statutory and other regulations.
- Co-ordinates and supervises coal-face production activities and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Determines staffing, material and other needs.
- Co-ordinates the activities of mines, quarries, drilling operations and offshore installations.
Energy Plant Operatives
Job holders in this unit group operate boilers to produce hot water or steam and attend and operate compressors, turbines, electrical substations, switchboards and auxiliary plant and machinery to fuel nuclear reactors, drive blowers and pumps, electricity generators and other equipment.
Requirements: Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
What could you earn
- Carries out minor maintenance tasks and prescribed tests and reports any faults.
- Records instrument readings periodically and shuts down turbine/generator or boiler as demand decreases.
- Adjusts controls to maintain correct running speed of turbine or generator and monitors temperature and pressure controls on boilers.
- Operates remote control panel to load fuel and remove discharged fuel elements from nuclear reactors.
- Opens valves and operates controls to regulate the flow of fuel to boiler or generating equipment.
- Determines job requirements from switchboard attendant or operating instructions.
Water and Sewerage Plant Operatives
Water and sewerage plant operatives operate valves to control water supplies in mains and pipelines, attend screening, filtering, water purifying and sedimentation plant, clear any blockages and patrol and maintain sewerage systems.
Requirements: Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
What could you earn
- Digs trench and assists pipe layers to lay, renew or repair sewerage pipes.
- Patrols sections of sewer, examines for any blockages or gas releases and clears blockages by flushing or by using boring rods.
- Cleans out screen compartments, sedimentation tanks and filtration beds manually or using mechanical scraper.
- Regulates flow of raw sewage into screening plant, releases screened sewage and regulates its flow into detritus pits, sedimentation tanks and filtration beds.
- Stops water supply in an emergency and informs consumers likely to be affected.
- Opens and closes valves to regulate quantity and pressure of water and reports defective valves or abnormal water pressure.
- Attends water filtration and purification plant, monitors chemical treatment and regulates treatment of water supply within strict guidelines.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.