Graphic Design Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma
Start Date | 06/09/2021
Time/Day | FULL TIME
Is this course for me?Graphic designers are creative thinkers who use illustrative, sound, visual and multi-media techniques to create brands, communication and messages for entertainment, advertising, promotion or publicity purposes. They can also create special visual effects and animations for interactive computer games, film and other media. As you progress through the course you will build the skills and knowledge for a career in the visual communications industry.
What will I study?
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Free for eligible learners?||Is Loan Available?|
Graphic designers use illustrative, sound, visual and multimedia techniques to convey a message for information, entertainment, advertising, promotion or publicity purposes, and create special visual effects and animations for computer games, film, interactive and other media.
Requirements: Honours, Bachelor's degree
What could you earn
- Produces or oversees creation of the final product.
- Liaises with other parts of the production team to ensure graphic design fits with other elements, processes and timescales.
- Prepares specification and instructions for realisation of the project.
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings, models, colour schemes and other mock-ups to show clients and discusses any required alterations.
- Undertakes research into project, considers previous related projects and compares costs of using different processes.
- Liaises with client to clarify aims of project brief, discusses media, software and technology to be used, establishes timetable for project and defines budgetary constraints.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.