Painter & Decorator Apprenticeship
Start Date | 01/08/2022
Is this course for me?Only learners employed in the trade of painting and decorating can access this provision as the NVQ part of the apprenticeship takes place in the workplace. You will be taught by professionals who have many years of experience in their field.
What will I study?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Free for eligible learners?||Is Loan Available?|
Painters and Decorators
Those working in this unit group apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other protective and decorative materials to interior and exterior walls and surfaces, paint designs on wood, glass, metal, plastics and other materials, and stain, wax and french polish wood surfaces by hand.
Requirements: Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
What could you earn
- Stains, waxes and french polishes wood surfaces by hand.
- Mixes adhesive or removes self-adhesive backing and positions covering material on wall, matching up patterns where appropriate and removing wrinkles and air bubbles by hand or brush.
- Applies primer, undercoat and finishing coat(s) using brush, roller, or spray equipment.
- Prepares surfaces by cleaning, sanding and filling cracks and holes with appropriate filler.
- Erects working platform or scaffolding up to five metres in height.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.