Start Date | 13/09/2023
Time/Day | 18:00 - 21:00 WED
Is this course for me?This is a course for both recent school leavers and those wishing to return to education.
What will I study?
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
|16-18 Year Olds||19+ year olds||Free for eligible learners?||Is Loan Available?|
Biological Scientists and Biochemists
Biological scientists and biochemists examine and investigate the morphology, structure, chemistry and physical characteristics of living organisms, including their inter-relationships, environments and diseases.
Requirements: Honours, Bachelor's degree
What could you earn
- Monitors the distribution, presence and behaviour of plants, animals and aquatic life, and performs other scientific tasks related to conservation not performed by jobholders in MINOR GROUP 214: Conservation and Environment Professionals.
- Advises farmers, medical staff and others, on the nature of field crops, livestock and produce and on the treatment and prevention of disease.
- Observes the structure of communities of organisms in the laboratory and in their natural environment.
- Researches the effects of internal and external environmental factors on the life processes and other functions of living organisms.
- Performs tests to study physiological and pathological characteristics within cells and other organisms.
- Identifies and studies the chemical substances, including microbial infections, involved in physiological processes and the progress of disease.
- Studies the physical and chemical form, structure, composition and function of living organisms.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.