Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sports Coaching Awarded by UCLan
Start Date | 02/09/2020
Time/Day | FULL TIME
Is this course for me?Provides the practical and theoretical knowledge for a career in coaching. You will be prepared for employment within a rapidly growing sports industry.
You will learn the theoretical concepts to deliver coaching sessions and analyse sport performance. You may network with local employers from the sporting industry and undertake a valuable work placement in a sport setting.
What will I study?
How long is the course?
How will I be assessed?
What qualifications do I need?
What can I progress onto?
Sports Coaches, Instructors and Officials
Sports coaches, instructors and officials work with amateur and professional sportsmen and women to enhance performance, encourage greater participation in sport, supervise recreational activities such as canoeing and mountaineering, and organise and officiate at sporting events according to established rules.
Requirements: Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
What could you earn
- Manages the playing areas and competitors, starts race, competition or match and controls its progress according to established rules.
- Inspects and maintains specialised clothing and equipment.
- Understands health and safety aspects of various activities and ensures any statutory requirements are met.
- Provides information and develops facilities to encourage greater participation in sport, and to enhance the standards of participants.
- Deals with administrative aspects such as arranging matches, contests or appearances for athlete or team, and organising required transport and accommodation.
- Monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how future improvements can be made.
- Controls team selection and discipline and recruits ancillary staff such as coaches or physiotherapists.
- Coaches teams or individuals by demonstrating techniques and directing training and exercise sessions.
Course fees shown are per annum for University Centre courses. Courses lasting longer than one year, fees will be payable per year.
All other courses show the total fees payable for the course.
If you need advice on any financial support that may be available to you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01942 761111
Wigan & Leigh College endeavours to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. All courses are offered subject to student numbers and the College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or amalgamate any of the courses, fees, services, locations or facilities described at any time. The College cannot accept liability arising out of such changes or connected to such changes, however it will undertake to minimise disruption to students.