An apprenticeship means you will work with an employer, earn a wage and learn on the job whilst gaining qualifications. Apprenticeships are becoming more demanding with employers wanting to recruit talented and skilled individuals within their workplace.
To apply for an apprenticeship, click on the job title (e.g. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT - WIGAN COLLEGE) OR read the job description for alternative instructions. If you have never used the National Apprenticeship Service website you must first create a free account here.
Other exciting vacancies such as degree apprenticeships, graduate opportunities, part time roles and work experience are listed underneath the categories below. If you wish to make a general apprenticeship enquiry and upload your CV you can do this here.
Worried you don't have the right qualifications, confidence and experience for an apprenticeship? Have you considered doing a Traineeship instead? To find out more about this course select traineeships.
other vacancies ...
VINCI CONSTRUCTION VACANCIES:
PART TIME TRAINEE SERVICE ENGINEER - AUTO TIME SYSTEMS, WN6 9DB
2 x 8 hours shifts (days to be confirmed depending on college course). 8.30am until 5pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
A part time Trainee Service Engineer is required for our busy office in Appley Bridge, Wigan. The job will require first class customer service, strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Perform routine annual onsite maintenance service visits and software upgrades
- Plan weekly schedule by liaising with the customer care assistant
- Provide customer service and support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage all on-site maintenance, repairs and testing tasks
- Ensure proper documentation of all related processes (building blueprints and logs)
- Document service actions by completing work dockets
- Collaborate with the technical team and share information across the company to build positive relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and briefings using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Identify solutions and system improvements
- Maintain effective rapports with customers by offering first class customer service
- Configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Completing software updates and installations
This role will involve interaction with all the departments of the company:
- Admin Team
- Customer Care
- Sales department
- Technical Support department
- Field Engineers
The candidate will report directly to the Office Manager, Laura Kenyon and Installation Manager, Sean Aspinall.
We are looking for applicants who have
- Clean driving license
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to understand technical diagrams and manuals
- First class customer service
- Oral and written communication
- Planning and organisation
- Time management
- Basic understanding or running, cutting, stripping and terminating electrical cables and wires
- IT knowledge and basic understanding of operating systems
- GCSEs grades A-C
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Organisational ability
- Time management
- Good initiative with the ability to work alone
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Can do attitude to work
This role will involve working in confined spaces, at height and lone working May involve briefly working outside on occasion.
- Clean driving license required as this role involves field work
- DBS check will be required and provided
TO APPLY: email your CV quoting PTA to firstname.lastname@example.org
Auto Time Systems supply, deliver and install a range of clocking in systems tailored to suit small, medium and large businesses throughout the UK.
We also specialise in door access control and class change and lockdown solutions
work experience VACANCIES ...
If you are a current Wigan and Leigh College student interesting in gaining work experience in either Engineering, IT, Customer Service, Administration or Contact Centres please email email@example.com quoting WEX and your chosen area to find out more.