Wigan & Leigh College has a long standing history in providing you with quality education and training.
This has been achieved through exceptional teaching, support and guidance over an extensive range of academic, vocational and apprenticeship courses.
Each year we strive to provide programmes at a wide range of levels to suit all abilities.
We offer a significant number of progression routes within College and, at the same time, provide you with key employability skills preparing you for life after College.
Recently a multi-million pound investment has been made across our Wigan and Leigh Centres to provide you with top of the range facilities, resources and learning environments.
One thing is guaranteed when you choose to study with us - we will encourage and support you to achieve your potential.
Wigan & Leigh College has been providing high-quality education and training locally for over 150 years. It is the only General Further Education College in the towns of Wigan and Leigh, serving a population of approximately 310,000. The College aims to be inclusive and we are proud of the equality of opportunity which is demonstrated in the breadth and scope of our provision. Each year, over 14,000 people choose to study at the College, their needs being at the heart of everything we provide.
The College operates from a number of sites across the borough. Parson’s Walk Centre, School for the Arts and Pagefield Centre are located in Wigan, close to the town centre. The Image Centre and Leigh College are close to the town centre of Leigh.
The College has developed a wide choice of qualifications at all levels from entry level through to professional and post-graduate courses. Further Education students can choose the A Level Professional Honours Programme or vocational qualifications such as BTECs. There is also an expanding Higher Education portfolio of Foundation Degrees, Top Up Degress, Higher Nationals and Certificates for the benefit of adult students of all ages, both full-time and part-time.
Here are just a few things you should know about us:
- We have a 100% pass rate in 34 subjects
- Over 400 students progress to University each year
- We progress students onto University or into employment
- We have small, specialist centres with state-of-the-art facilities
- We deliver high quality education up to degree level
- We work with over 900 employers
Did you know ...
- BTEC Extended Diplomas are equivalent to A Levels.
Student who achieve Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction* in their BTEC qualification gain the same UCAS points as those who achieve A*, A*A* at A Level
- We are investing in your future with brand new state-of-the-art centres and facilities
- We have an exceptional range of vocational and and academic programmes
- You to could become an award winning student like our World Skills students
- We have exceptional links with employers giving you the opportunity to gain valuable industry experience
- The College has strong links with the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and Pearson Edexcel