Wigan & Leigh College have four innovative and exciting Centres of Excellence in Creative Arts, Engineering, Health & Social Care and Sport.
Within these dedicated areas, the College provides first class facilities and a range of vocational courses at all levels that will progress you onto University.
Last year, over 400 College students progressed onto Higher Education. The College also noted an impressive 100% pass rate in 31 subjects.
- Creative Arts
- Art & Design, Fashion & Clothing, Graphic design, Photography, Interior Design
- Automotive Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Health & Social Care
- The Centre of Excellence applies to courses at all levels from our Wigan and Leigh Centres
- The Centre of Excellence applies to courses at all levels
So, what makes our Centres of Excellences unique? Take a look at our brochures below and read over our elite scholarship programme!
Centre of Excellence in Creative Arts
Centre of Excellence in Engineering
Centre of Sporting Excellence
Our Centre of Excellence offers exceptionally talented students a Scholarship worth up to £2,000.
The scholarship is designed to help students reach their full potential. Students can use the fund towards the cost of equipment, travel
* Terms & Conditions apply
Details on how to apply for the Scholarship will be available at your College interview.
* Students will receive payments in installments throughout their course. Wigan & Leigh College reserves the right to cancel the Scholarship if holders are withdrawn from their course for any reason. Wigan & Leigh College also reserves the right to withhold future installments if scholarship holders do not:-
- Maintain a minimum of 98% attendance in the previous term
- Make satisfactory progress on the course
- Maintain an appropriate standard of bahaviour
- Undertake Student Ambassador duties at College events
In 2016/17 Wigan & Leigh College will also be offering students, aged 16-18, a FREE Bus Pass. Learn more here.
Centre of Excellence in Health & Social Care