Childcare Funding

There are various funding channels available to help students with the cost of childcare, each with their own eligibility criteria. Please choose the funding relevant to you and carefully read the guidance notes attached.

20+ Childcare from the Learner Support Fund

You could get support from Learner Support Fund if:

  • You are classed as a ‘home student’
  • Are enrolled on an ESFA funded course
  • Your household income is below £25,000
  • Or you are claiming a means tested benefit
  • And you are unable to access other childcare support (e.g. other parent or family members, government funding)



Care to Learn

You could get support from Care to Learn if:

  • You’re a parent under 20 at the start of your course
  • You’re the main carer for your child and in receipt of Child Benefit
  • The other parent is unable to provide childcare
  • You live in England
  • You’re either a British citizen or a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) country (Migrants outside EEA please see Student Services)

For further details call 0800 121 8989 or email:

Care to Learn, Government website

Advanced Learner Loan Childcare Support

You may be eligible if you are studying a Level 3 or Higher Level course and in receipt of an Advanced Learner Loan.

Application Form & Guidance Form