19+ Learner Support Fund
If you are 19+ and need help with College related expenses such as travel, trips and uniform then you may be eligible for the Learner Support Fund.
Who could get help?
Anyone who is enrolled on an ESFA funded course at Wigan & Leigh College
- In receipt of a means tested benefit
- Or on a low income
- Or ex-military personnel
- Have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the British Isles or European Union for purposes other than education for the last 3 years (NB. Asylum Seekers may apply for assistance with course fees and travel in the form of a travel pass)
What could I get help with?
- Travel to College
- Course/exam fees (including resits)
- Books and electronic resources (software)
- College trips
- College meals
- Travel support for attending university or job interviews
- Equipment/materials (to enhance employability opportunities)
- Uniform, clothing and PPE that is recommended to support industry standards
When can I apply?
You will only be able to apply once you have started at college. Full details will be given on your first day by your tutor.
How can I apply?
Please note full cost courses are not applicable for this support fund.