19+ Learner Support Fund
If you are 19+ and need help with College related expenses such as travel, trips and uniform then you may be eligible for the Learner Support Fund.
Who could get help?
Anyone who is enrolled on an ESFA funded course at Wigan & Leigh College
- In receipt of a means tested benefit
- Or on a low income
- Or ex-military personnel
- Have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the British Isles or European Union for purposes other than education for the last 3 years (NB. Asylum Seekers may apply for assistance with course fees and travel in the form of a travel pass)
What could I get help with?
- Travel to College
- Course/exam fees (including resits)
- Books and electronic resources (software)
- College trips
- College meals
- Travel support for attending university or job interviews
- Equipment/materials (to enhance employability opportunities)
- Uniform, clothing and PPE that is recommended to support industry standards
When can I apply?
We recommend that all students who require support apply as soon as they enrol onto their course to receive maximum benefit from the support fund.
How can I apply?
Please ensure you return the application form with the relevant evidence with guidance notes to reception
Please note full cost courses are not applicable for this support fund.
For further information please contact 01942 761111
Please note that all applications for funding must be submit electronically to email@example.com. Applications with no evidence or insufficient evidence will be returned to the sender requesting further information. Applications and documentation must all be sent in one email with numerous attachments, please do not send numerous emails containing your application form and evidence, this may result in your form being returned to you asking for further evidence and delaying the assessment process. Please do not use this email address for general funding queries, it is for the submission of application forms only, any queries you have with regards to funding please contact the main college switch board where they will give you options of how to contact us regarding any queries you may have. Please bear with us during our busy periods, especially at the start of the academic year, applications may take up to 4 weeks to assess during these periods.