Advanced Learner Loan
See below to see if you're eligible.
Learners aged 19+ who want to study a vocational, technical or professional qualification at Levels 3 and above are eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
The Advanced Learner Loan is only available to students on eligible courses at an approved institution such as Wigan & Leigh College which can include:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Level 3 BTEC or NVQ Certificate or Diploma course
- Level 4, 5 and 6 Certificate or Diploma
Repaying your Advanced Learner Loan
- You’ll only start making repayments when your income is more than £524 per week, £2274 per month or £27,295 a year.
- You’ll only pay back 9% of any income above £27,295 a year, see table below for examples of what you’ll repay:
If you are aged 19+ it’s easy to apply
- Your household income isn’t taken into account
- You won’t have to pay anything back until your annual income is over £27,295
- There’s no credit check
- Most learners aged 19+ or over who apply, will qualify for these loans from the UK government
|INCOME EACH YEAR BEFORE TAX||MONTHLY SALARY||MONTHLY REPAYMENT|
|Up to £27,295||£2,274|