ENROLMENT FOR 16-18 YEAR OLDS
The College has committed to providing a college place to all school leavers. This is possible due to the different levels of course available at the college. We would however reiterate that it is vital that you continue to work hard to secure the best grades possible to ensure that they enter post-16 study at a level that reflects your hard work and places you on the highest level of course available. We will work closely with you and your school to ensure that you are not unfairly affected by your GCSE results. This may mean that we will liaise closely with your school post GCSE results day to ensure that we are in possession of all the relevant information to provide the best advice and guidance and most relevant offer possible.
We can also confirm that we will once again be undertaking a face to face enrolment process as this is the best way to ensure that the right advice and guidance has been given and that all factors have been considered when deciding upon the course and level.
In light of the recent announcement confirming that GCSE results will be issued on Thursday 12th August we have changed our enrolment period to coincide with results. Therefore, the enrolment period at college this year will be from Thursday 12th August 2021 – Saturday 14th August 2021.
At this stage we do not know what COVID restrictions will be in place in August but we intend to run the same adapted COVID safe process as we did last year:
- Applicants will be invited into college at specific timeslots and will be required to bring their GCSE results slip as proof of their previous school. Applicants will not be able access the enrolment process outside of their timeslot. This will enable us to implement appropriate social distancing measures and maximise safety.
- There will be a streamlined enrolment process with reduced stations and interactions to implement all public health requirements. However all students will still receive 1:1 guidance from our careers teams and/or course tutors. All relevant stages to ensure a complete and successful enrolment will be included and this in turn will provide us with all the right information to assist us in providing a safe and managed start to classes, commencing Monday 6th September.
- If any applicant cannot make their allotted enrolment time, you can contact us for a different time during the 3-day enrolment period (Thursday 12th – Saturday 14th August).
- If any applicant cannot make the 3-day enrolment period dates (Thursday 12th – Saturday 14th August), we will have enrolment appointments available to book w/c 30th August. Full details will be provided to you in your enrolment letter which will be sent out early July.
- Applicants for apprenticeships will be supported in trying to secure an employment vacancy. The impact of COVID19 on the employment market has reduced apprenticeship vacancies and applicants will therefore need more guidance and assurance to ensure that they have alternate choices ready for September. We are however confident that there will still be vacancies and we would urge those pupils who wish to apply for an apprenticeship to submit an application. We guarantee a place on a study programme at college for those applicants who do not secure employment and will continue to search for a vacancy during their first year at college
- This will be an ‘appointment only’ managed process.
17 & 18 YEAR OLDS
We have committed to continuing with a face to face enrolment process rather than switching to an on-line system for our new students who are 17 or 18 years old.
Enrolment for 17 & 18 year old new students will take place on Thursday 1st July for those not awaiting results and Thursday 12th August - Saturday 14th August for those whose place at college is dependant on results.
You will be invited into college at specific timeslots and will be required to bring proof of qualifications. Applicants will not be able access the enrolment process outside of their timeslot. This will enable us to implement appropriate social distancing measures and maximise safety.
Letters will be sent out to all 17 and 18 year old applicants with details of your enrolment appointment time early July.
The enrolment process has been amended to reduce interactions and to implement all public health requirements. However, all students will still receive 1:1 guidance from our careers teams and/or course tutors. All relevant stages to ensure a complete and successful enrolment will be included and this in turn will provide us with all the right information to assist us in providing a safe and managed start to classes, commencing 6th September.If any applicant cannot make their allotted enrolment time there will be ‘catch up' enrolment slots. Full details of how to book another slot will be in your enrolment letter.