The College has committed to providing a college place to all school leavers. This is possible due to the different levels of courses available at the college. We would however reiterate that it is vital that you continue to work hard to secure the best grades possible to ensure that you enter post-16 study at a level that reflects your hard work and places you on the highest level of course available.
We can also confirm that we will once again be undertaking a face to face enrolment process as this is the best way to ensure that the right advice and guidance is provided.
The enrolment days for school leavers will be:-
- Applicants will be invited into college at allocated timeslots and will be required to bring their GCSE results slip as proof of their previous school. We do accept these electronically and you can show them on your mobile phone. Applicants will not be able access the enrolment process outside of their timeslot. This will enable us to ensure appropriate time is given to all of our applicants.
- If any applicant cannot make their allotted enrolment time, you can contact us for a different time during the 3-day enrolment period.
- If any applicant cannot make the 3-day enrolment period dates, we will have enrolment appointments available to book w/c 29th August. Full details will be provided to you in your enrolment letter which will be sent out Mid July.
- Applicants for apprenticeships will be supported in trying to secure an employment vacancy. We guarantee a place on a study programme at college for those applicants who do not secure employment and will continue to search for a vacancy during their first year at college.
- If you have an employer and have not yet let us know, please contact the apprenticeship team at email@example.com. The team will then contact you directly to arrange your apprenticeship enrolment / sign up.
- This will be an ‘appointment only’ managed process. If you haven’t applied to college, please call our friendly team on 01942 761111 or book an appointment online at https://wiganleighcollege.simplybook.it/v2/#book
- Advice & Support - If you have not obtained the grades required for your chosen course, please do not worry, we have a wide range of alternatives. A member of our Admissions team will discuss these with you at enrolment and help you make the best choice for your future.
17 & 18 YEAR OLDS
Enrolment for 17 & 18 year old new students will take place on TBC.
You will be invited into college at specific timeslots and will be required to bring proof of qualifications.
Letters will be sent out to all 17 and 18 year old applicants with details of your enrolment appointment time Mid July.
If any applicant cannot make their allotted enrolment time, you can contact us for a different time during the enrolment period.
If any applicant cannot make the enrolment period dates, we will have enrolment appointments available to book w/c 29th August. Full details will be provided to you in your enrolment letter which will be sent out Mid July.
This will be an ‘appointment only’ managed process. If you haven’t applied to college, please call our friendly team on 01942 761111 or book an appointment online at https://wiganleighcollege.simplybook.it/v2/#book
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU AS YOU WILL NEED THEM TO ENROL:
- Your GCSE and any other exam results / certificates (if you are receiving your results electronically from School, this format is also accepted)
- Residency evidence if you are not UK national and have not lived in the UK for 3 years
- If you had Access Arrangements for exams at school, please bring evidence of these with you, (e.g. Form 8 or your medical evidence used for this purpose).
If you require anything further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01942 761 111 who will be happy to assist you.
We look forward to meeting you at enrolment.