Business Administration apprenticeships
Business Administration is an exciting and varied role you can do in any industry. You can even study all the way up to degree level. Opportunities of progression are endless and could lead you into either university, management or self employment.
An apprenticeship in this area gives more flexibility. It often involves working in other areas such as marketing, advertising, media, IT, finance, sales, human resources, recruitment, construction, engineering, travel and tourism and web design etc.
Location: Leigh, WN7
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: 24/05/2018
This role will initially involve:
- Booking in enquiries received via email and post onto a spreadsheet / databases.
- Preparing tender document files / printing out enquiries
- Keep various reports up to date on a weekly basis.
- Updating and assisting with the website
- Use of social network sites such as Facebook, Linked In etc
- Support for Marketing/IT.
- The role will eventually progress to;
- Following up tenders with clients.
- Updating tender database with findings.
- Reporting to the commercial manager/office manager
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for someone who is hardworking, who has good time keeping skills and is looking for a company to grow with.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills would be advantageous, good team player.
- Able to multi-task and occasionally be able to work under pressure.
- Good attention to detail
- Pleasant phone manner
- Smartly dressed for office environment
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Willing to undertake further training as and when required.
- Shows an interest in their role and position.
- A responsible individual who can be left to work alone when necessary.
GCSE (or equivalent) C or above Maths and English.
Possible progression within the business on completion of training.
Things to consider
- Must be able to get to company premises under own transport or public transport.
- All applications must be made through Apprenticeship Vacancies.
- Do not contact the employer.
Absolute Drinks is the Leading partner for all your commercial beverage needs.
We are a family owned business based in Leigh, Greater Manchester. We supply and lease a wide range of commercial coffee machines with full service & support at affordable prices. This makes us the best choice throughout the UK. Serving North West England, whether you need Coffee machines in North Wales, Chester or Liverpool or anywhere in Manchester and Warrington, Absolute Drinks is your one stop shop!
We're not the only ones happy about Absolute Drinks. 2500 Customers in 9 Countries use Absolute Drinks.
Location: Leigh, WN7
Salary: £12,000.00 per year
Closing date: 25/05/2018 (possible start date 11th June)
The position will involve learning two main job roles of the business, sales administration and purchasing administration. The candidate will learn both roles and move to the department which is busiest at the time to help alleviate pressure
The sales administration part of the role will involve answering incoming customer enquiries, loading and processing orders onto the order processing system, communicating with the sales to service our customers most effectively, inputting data and general day to day administration tasks.
The Purchasing role will involve loading orders on our order processing system, speaking to suppliers, chasing lead times on outstanding orders, creating stock items and checking stock lines.
- Willing to talk with customers on the telephone as this will be a large part of the job after training.
- An understanding of the Microsoft Office applications
- Team Player
- Good problem solver
- Maths and English GCSE (C or above)
- Can develop into a sales team member
- If the company grows then there may be options to develop into purchasing or marketing
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The candidate will be working from a computer all day and will be expected to answer the telephone and communicate with customers in a friendly and efficient way.
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Death in service benefit
Corptel are one of the UKs leading Telecoms distributors, specialising in Call Centre and Unified Communication headsets, we are seen as an expert in our field and have grown year on year as a result of this depth in knowledge.
As a market leader we provide products from all the leading manufacturers to companies of every size throughout the UK and Europe. Over the past 23 years we have steadily grown and are hoping to further increase our market share in 2018.
Location: Wigan, WN1
Salary: £134.13 (NMW for apprentices)
Closing date: 29/05/2018
We’re looking for an Apprentice to work as part of our Employment and Skills Team. You’ll be involved in developing and delivering our range of programmes to help people aged 16+ to build their confidence, develop new skills and improve their employability. This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website, click on the job title above.
Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm or 9am till 5pm. 36.25 Hours per week
Flexible hours which may occasionally include evenings and weekends
45 minutes Lunch
- Assist to set programme learning objectives to meet both team and individual needs
- Assist in delivering sessions on programmes throughout the Employment and Skills department
- Provide leadership and guidance to the participants, taking responsibility for their health, safety and welfare
- Assist in the completion of programme administration including filing, phone duties, letters, scanning and photocopying
- Good attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Updating Groundwork’s management information systems
- Assist in the organisation of residential trips and participate when required with other staff members
- To complete Level 3 Youth Work qualification through Wigan and Leigh college in the agreed timescale
- To support employment and skills programmes in all area’s Groundwork deliver
- To assist that all Health and Safety Procedures/Risk Assessment systems are effective
- Other such duties as necessary to assist the Groundwork Employment & Skills department
Various career paths available post apprenticeship including Youth work, mentoring and management (Funding dependent)
TRAINING YOU WILL UNDERTAKE:
- Level 3 Youth Work
- Safeguarding Level 3
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Prevent Training
Business administration apprentice - sustainable building services
Location: Skelmersdale, WN8
Salary: £140.00 per week
Closing date: 28/05/2018
Sustainable Building Services are looking to recruit a Business Administration apprentice, day to duties will include
- Meeting and Greeting clients and signing in visitors.
- Booking deliveries
- Answering the phone
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Monitoring emails in relation to orders
- Monitoring and updating new starters training records
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Good standard of Maths & English
- Confident telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Willing to work and learn
No previous qualifications required. You must have a minimum standard of English & Maths to be accepted onto the apprenticeship programme.
TO APPLY: email your CV quoting SBS to email@example.com
Sustainable Energy Services is a trading style of Sustainable Building Services (UK) Limited - part of the Sustainable Group and one of the most respected names in the industry. Established in 1976, we are a member of both SWIGA and the National Insulation Association and (until the scheme's closure) we were registered under the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (Reference Number: P8O7HV). We meet strict national and international standards for quality, safety and environmental management.
As a BBA-accredited installer, we don't just carry out domestic installations; we also deliver multi-million pound contracts for some of the country's largest and most demanding housing associations and local authorities. We apply exactly the same quality controls on all our projects - large or small - so you can always count on receiving industry-leading quality and exceptional customer service.
level 2 business administration apprentice - winch solutions
Location: Haydock, WA11 (moving to Standish, Wigan in October 2018)
Salary: £10,556.04 (18+)
Closing date: 25/05/2018
Administration Assistant Apprenticeship. Working in a small office environment within a friendly and supportive team.
- Answering, transferring and filtering incoming calls.
- Receiving and processing various customer orders: producing sales orders, despatch notes, invoices and transport labels. Liaising with the warehouse personnel as required, to ensure orders are fulfilled.
- Checking customer’s accounts are up to date. Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner, communicating with customers to ensure payments are made.
- Managing and organising various documents.
- Operate office equipment; Computers using software: Sage, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, printers, debit/credit card machines etc.
- Ad-hoc admin duties to support the smooth running of the office.
- Basic reception duties and dealing with customers.
Things to consider
The vacancy will involve working in an office environment at a desk and using a computer for prolonged periods.
Until October 2018 the business will be based in Haydock near Ashton in Makerfield.
Then as of October 2018 the business is relocating to Standish Wigan.
- Be a highly motivated individual who will work proactively and flexibly
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships
- Extremely well organised with attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Fully willing to learn and use software packages including Sage, Excel and Word
- Previous employment in professional environment is desirable but not essential
- Previous employment in an administrative/ office environment is also desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Good communicator
- Hard working
5 GCSEs grades A-D or equivalent including Maths and English or equivalent
Please email your CV quoting 1398476 Winch to firstname.lastname@example.org