If you wish to talk to our team about becoming an apprentice, please call 01942 761851.
Will I get a wage?
Yes. The minimum salary is £4.81 per hour for Under 18's (from April 2022) or if an apprentice is aged 18-20 it is £6.83 per hour.
An apprentice aged 21 who has completed the first year of their apprenticeship is entitled to a minimum hourly rate of £9.18. For those 23 and over the minimum salary is £9.50 per hour.
However, many apprentices can earn significantly more.
How do I apply?
There are several ways you can apply for an apprenticeship;
1. You should have a look on our vacancy page which automatically takes you through to apply via the national apprenticeship service website. You will have to register and fill out the application form.
2. We have an apprenticeship vacancy matching service. Please send your CV to us here, your area of interest and our team will be in contact shortly.
3. Lastly, you can search on the national government website for local apprenticeships in your area.
4. You can ask local employers/friends/family if they want to recruit an apprentice
Do I need an updated CV?
Yes. Applying for an apprenticeship is similar to applying for a job. You will have to promote your skills and educational background to the employers via your CV.
If you're unsure about CV writing, please contact our team on 01942 761607
What levels can I do?
There are four different types of levels:
- Intermediate - roughly equivalent to five good GCSE passes;
- Advanced - equivalent to two A-level passes;
- Higher - equivalent to the first stages of higher education such as a foundation degree;
- Degree - comparable to a Bachelors or Masters degree
We will undertake an initial interview to ensure you are suitable for the correct pathway.