Aged 16-24? Full-time college study not for you - wanting to secure your next steps into employment? Looking for an apprenticeship but don’t feel ready for work?
Don’t worry. Our Pre-Apprenticeship Programme will help you develop the skills you need to build confidence for the workplace.
The free six-month programme includes help for you to:
- Improve your personal presentation
- opportunity to gain real work experience to build your CV
- get interview ready
- improve your English and Maths
- develop your confidence.
You will spend the first few weeks in College, then the rest of your time gaining real work experience, with support from us along the way.
Our commitment to you:
- You will become part of our talent pool - which means we will promote you to our bank of over 1,000 employers
- we will put you forward for interviews, supporting you with preparation
- we will give you financial support with the expenditure and costs associated with attending an interview
- you will have a free bus pass.
As the largest college provider of apprenticeships in Greater Manchester we have established links with employers across the region and a wealth of experience developing people to become ready for work.
For further information
please contact Ellen Prescott at Wigan & Leigh College on 01942 761618
Pre-apprenticeship/traineeship programme in care
- Aged 16-24 years?
- Interested in a career within Adult Social Care?
- Would like to contribute to providing a great service for the people of Wigan?
The programme will include:
- Award in preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification
- English and Maths functional skills qualifications
- Health and Social Care placement opportunities (available throughout the borough)
Public Sector Trainee Programme
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Hospitals, North West Boroughs Health Care Partnership Foundation Trust and Wigan Council have been working in partnership with Wigan and Leigh College to provide an exclusive new programme for 16 to 24 year olds wishing to gain employment in the Public Sector.
Click here for more information