HIGHER EDUCATION & UNIVERSITY
Employers are looking for increasingly higher levels of skills, sectors are developing new and exciting job opportunities that did not exist a few years ago. We prepare our students to be well placed to take advantage of these opportunities.
We support our students to progress their education to higher and degree level where it is appropriate to do so. We will provide opportunities to showcase what is on offer from a range of universities and from higher and degree level apprenticeship providers.
Our team provides information and support to enable our students to progress. This includes:-
- undertaking research into courses and places of study
- being aware of application dates for higher and degree apprenticeships
- completing university applications
- developing their personal statements
- applying for student funding from Student Finance England
Did you know?
Salaries for graduates are on average £10,000 higher than for non - graduates
Did you know?
From 2022 more than 50% of jobs will call for high level skills from Level 4 and above
Supporting you to stretch further and aim higher by:
Helping you to apply to the University Centre Wigan & Leigh College
- Local study for Higher Education is on your doorstep with excellent quality provision, preparing you for an ambitious and bright future.
- With 70 years of expertise delivering technical and professional higher education, the University Centre, Wigan & Leigh College is the first choice to develop your skills and secure your career success.
Applying to university through UCAS - high quality resources, in class and 1 to 1 support to write a personal statement and complete the UCAS application form.
Securing Higher Education finance through Student Finance England -providing support to apply before the deadline and get your finances in place for the start of your Higher Education course.
Supporting you to find and apply for Degree Apprenticeships.