Greater Manchester Institute of Technology
The college is lead further education partner in the GMIoT.
Institutes of Technology are government-backed initiatives providing high quality level 4 and 5 technical qualifications. Courses are offered through partner education providers across Greater Manchester.
The GMIoT offers higher-level, real world technical education and training. Specialising in the construction, engineering, computing, creative media and health sciences sectors.
Backed by £290 million government investment, they deliver the best in technical education. This means that as a University Centre student you will have a range of additional benefits including:
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities, including simulation workplace facilities and high-tech equipment.
- Frequent exposure to the workplace through employer visits, guest speakers, live industry briefs and placement opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with partner employers.
- Qualifications that are relevant – designed with and for industry partners.
- Student mentoring and support to participate in WorldSkills and leading sector competitions.
- Getting to know large employers in the region, finding out about exciting career opportunities.
- A network larger than one location, you will belong to the GMIoT community and have access to a wider range of partnership experiences
GCHQ – National intelligence, security and cyber agency
Siemens – World leaders in designing and manufacturing digital and technology solutions
Laing O’Rourke – Major engineering and construction organisation
TalkTalk – National telecoms, TV and internet provider
University of Salford
Wigan & Leigh College
Ada – National College for Digital Skills
**Subject to awarding body changes
*Subject to approval