Free College Meals
As part of our aim to help our students manage the costs associated with studying at college we offer eligible full-time students a free meal each day they are in College.
All full-time students aged 16-18, who meet the eligibility criteria, will be entitled to have a free meal of their choice, up to the value of £2.60 per day.
You can choose a hot or cold meal from the College Refectories on the days that you are timetabled to be at College.
It doesn’t have to be lunch, but could be breakfast or a late afternoon meal.*
The ability to purchase a meal while off College premises on any mandatory placement will also be covered under this scheme.
*Subject to Refectory opening times
16-18 year olds
To qualify, either the student or the parent of the student will need to be in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run- on – paid for 4 weeks until you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit – Universal Credit
Please note: If you qualify for free College Meals you may be eligible for an award from the 16-18 Bursary. Terms and conditions apply and the fund is finite.
FREE College Breakfast!
All 16-18 year old students can get a FREE College breakfast on days they are timetabled to attend College.
Just go along to any College Refectory between 8.30-8.50am Monday - Friday during term time.
19-25 year olds
This age category can also benefit from this scheme if:
- You have a Learning Difficulty Assessment
- Educational Health Care Plan
If you think you qualify and have not yet been contacted, please ask your College support worker for more information.
If you study off-site you may still be eligible for free meals.
For further information please contact 01942 761111